This document describes what information we collect and what it’s used for.
It applies to all interactions with the Greenhouse website, service and software.
- We collect data for two reasons:
- Because Greenhouse requires some data in order to provide services to you
- We collect additional data in order to discover / debug issues with the Greenhouse services and software during our alpha test program
- We intend to delete the alpha test program telemetry data after the alpha test program completes
- We strive to keep all data that we collect on our own server(s), we do not share or copy it outside of our premesis unless absolutely neccessary for the operation of our services:
- We use gandi.net as our DNS provider, we have to send them your greenhouseusers.com subdomain.
- We use DigitalOcean as our Cloud Compute provider, DigitalOcean and their ISP (Internet Service Provider) will handle your users' connections at the TCP protocol level.
- This is similar to the way that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) handles TCP connections for you when you run a server at home
WHY WE COLLECT DATA FROM YOU
Greenhouse is a service that allows you to run your own web services and keep your own data on your own computer.
As such, we strive to collect as little data about you as possible, within reason.
However, we must still collect and store some data in order to provide services to you.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT, NECCESSARY TO OPERATE GREENHOUSE
- Your email address is required for registration and login so that we can notify you about any potential problems with your account or changes to the service.
- A password is required for login. We store a salted Secure Hash Algorithm 2 (SHA256) digest of your password.
- Your domain name(s) are part of your Greenhouse account and must be stored / processed for the service to work.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AS A PART OF OUR ALPHA TEST PROGRAM
We also collect and store timestamped personal information detailing your use of the services (telemetry data) as a part of our alpha test program. We collect this data solely to help us discover / debug issues with the Greenhouse service and software.
This information includes but is not limited to:
- The IP address of the computer accessing our services
- Which actions you take within the service and software
- details about those actions
- specific error codes or error messages that were thrown by the service and/or software when it failed
We intend to permanently delete the log files containing this information after the alpha test program completes.
INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH 3RD PARTIES
In general, we strive to only store your information on our server(s), where it will never be intentionally copied or shared outside of our physical premises.
However, Greenhouse is built on top of other cloud service providers. To our users, they are 3rd parties. A minimal amount of information about our users is shared with these providers as a part of the operation of the service:
- We automatically generate a greenhouseusers.com subdomain based on your email address. For example, if your email address is
firstname.lastname@example.org, your subdomain would be
janelane86.greenhouseusers.com by default. This subdomain will be transmitted to gandi.net when you register your greenhouse account, however, gandi does not get any other information associated with that domain name, such as your IP address or greenhouse internal user ID. You may change this subdomain at any time after registering your account.
- We host our threshold network gateway software on DigitalOcean.
- The domain names that you configure as well as a pseudonomous internal user id will be securely transmitted to our threshold server application running on DigitalOcean's platform.
- Your server computer will connect to our threshold server running on DigitalOcean's platform.
- Any time an internet user connects to a website or service that you are operating through Greenhouse, that connection will be routed through our threshold server running on DigitalOcean's platform.
- In theory, DigitalOcean and DigitalOcean's ISP (Internet Service Provider) could collect data on which IP addresses are connecting, which domains they are connecting to, when they connected and for how long, as well as how much data they are transmitting.
- It's worth noting that DigitalOcean cannot see the contents of these connections, only the metadata.
- This is similar to the information that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) can collect on you when you run a server at home "normally", without using greenhouse.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
Greenhouse has the right to process personal data of EU residents
a. Due to their provided consent to Greenhouse; and/or
b. In order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract with them
per Article 6 (1) (a)-(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation.
EU residents under the age of 16 should not register accounts with us, and we will delete any such accounts and associated data if we become aware of them.
The personal data recipients may be data processors who provide ancillary services to Greenhouse.
Greenhouse undertakes to handle personal data in compliance with the applicable data protection law,
to ensure the security of the data processed, and to implement the appropriate technical and organizational
measures for the protection of personal data against unlawful destruction,
accidental change, disclosure and any unlawful handling.
The data subjects are entitled to:
- request that Greenhouse allows them to access and correct personal data submitted by them to Greenhouse
- request that Greenhouse erase or limit the processing of personal data submitted by them and disagree with the processing of data if such requests are compatible with the performance of the agreement and applicable law;
- data portability;
- submit a complaint regarding the processing of personal data to the competent EU data protection authority.
You have the right to contact greenhouse for any matters relating to the processing of your personal data by email to email@example.com
CHANGES TO THESE POLICIES
We reserve the right to to change our Terms of Service and privacy policies at any time.
We will give all Greenhouse users notice via Email when we make changes.
THESE TERMS OF SERVICE ARE EFFECTIVE AS OF TUESDAY OCTOBER 19TH, 2021